Frontline Recruitment Weymouth are looking for a production operatives on Portland.
We are looking for Site Operatives to join our small team at our Portland facility. As Site Operative you will report in to the Site Manager and you will be working alongside others to help facilitate the delivery, storage and export of grain and other commodities used in the food, animal feed and drinks industries amongst others.
Day to day tasks
- Driving all on-site machinery starting with the front end loading shovel
- Help to move the grain and feed products in to and out of the storage facilities
- Learn to operate the weighbridge accurately
- You will work with your colleagues to keep the facility clean, tidy and organized at all times
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience of driving plant machinery such as tele-handlers, loading shovels, 360 excavators and cranes
- You must have a positive attitude and the flexibility to work shifts
- You must be a team player and confident communicator
- A willingness to get stuck in and help where required
- You must hold a full UK driving license
- You must have a good level of numeracy and accuracy for weighbridge work
- If you have previously worked in a similar environment or industry, that would be advantageous (production, warehouse, ports, shipping)
- Confident and proactive
- Positive outlook
- Team player
- Good sense of humour
Working hours: Shifts are 8 hours in length plus an hour of unpaid breaks. Normal Shift patterns vary between the hours of 06.00-22.00 Monday to Friday with additional Saturday morning work 06.00-12.00 (on a rota basis), paid at time and a half.
When we are discharging large vessels, the facility operates 24/7 and you will work on a rota basis during this time, which will include some night work. Any over time is rewarded at time and a half for weekend work and double time for night work.
Hourly rates: Start from £14.40/hr and will increase with experience and training provided by the company
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Discretionary bonus scheme (paid monthly after qualifying period), 10% company pension contribution, private healthcare (after qualifying period), life insurance and income protection.